Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

amplifier plus a filter feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZALBE1975

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have design an amplifier with a bandwidth of 10kHz. now I want to set a lower cut off frequency at 50hz. So I designed a lowpass fliter that I placed between the output and the input. But the simulation is not showing a bandpass like structure in the bode diagram. I am pretty at lost to combined these two structures that are working perfectly.

Hi

I dont know how you have designed your filter. But you have to be aware that if you make a simple lowpass structure like RC. Then making a simulation of this isolated will give you a certain cut off frequency. But when you insert this filter in another circuit it could be loaded by other circuitry. This will definitely change your cut off frequency.

If you place a lowpass filter before your amplifier then it will be a low pass like response you get.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.