Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] amplifier gain is negative

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepsetan

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,

I'm trying to oscillate resonator at high frequency using pierce oscillator topology and it works but why it producing a negative gain?

amplifier_gain.png

24GHz_resonator.png

915MHz_resonator.png

It looks like the amplifier has loss, not gain.

What do you mean by that loss?. When I simulate the amplifier without resonator, it produce about 8dB. But when I connecting a resonator to it, the value becomes -21.00 something. Do you mean that I've done wrong to the amplifier connection?

- - - Updated - - -

amplifier 2.png

Now I changed it to 10MHz resonator and the value is positive. What is the difference?

Each schematic is different. I see no amplifier and no oscillator.
Why is the output from the very high impedance output of the resonator instead of from the low impedance of the output of the amplifier?

Each schematic is different. I see no amplifier and no oscillator.
Why is the output from the very high impedance output of the resonator instead of from the low impedance of the output of the amplifier?

Hi,

Thanks. I already changed the Vo to the low impedance of the output of the amplifier and it works! Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back