Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Amplifier for DC motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hameeds01

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hey guys

I need an analog Amplifier to drive a small DC motor of current 500mA
Amplifier input 0 to 5 Volts
Amplifier output 0 to 12 volts

anyone plzzzz

An amplifier with a 12V output needs a 14V or more power supply. Do you have this power supply for the amplifier?

If you need to control the speed of the motor then PWM can be used or a linear audio amplifier IC can drive 500mA into a motor when the motor is running but it might not be able to supply the 5A to start the motor running.

You might be able to get what you want out of one
of the TI/Unitrode PWMs. Certainly so if you used
power MOSFETs, but possible even bare. You don't
really want to be linear and dissipating 3-5W in the
amplifier.

I am not allowed to use PWM + Mosfet, i need a power amplifier for a 500mA DC Brushless motor, i have a supply voltage of 16Volts
can anyone plzzz....

Hi hammed do you find power amplifier? if you find please can you send it to me why bcoz i also require same power amplifier

A class B amplifier, build from a v=+2.4 non-inverting OP amplifier with a complementary emitter follower as output stage should do

Status
Not open for further replies.