Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Amplifier Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

ganeshkini19

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am a newbie in the design of opamps would like to know your opinion. This is an inverting amplifier with Av = -(R2/R1)
1) The gain depends on R2 and R1 , just what are the factors influence the accuracy of it?
2) What is the load resistor role why is it connected to the non -inverting terminal
3) What kind of topology? can we use NMOS 2 stage OTA?

Please let me know

Attachments

• pdfresizer.com-pdf-crop (1).pdf
    126.3 KB · Views: 141

How well the amplifier will follow -R2/R1 depends on the DC gain of the amplifier. Please check the theory of finite gain amplifiers and their effect in closed-loop configurations.

The resistor a the output is probably emulating the load this amplifier needs to drive, which could be another inverting stage. Given you know the maximum swing at the output, this also tells you how much current your amplifier should provide to the load.

To define a topology, you need specifications. In the simplest case, you need to know the gain accuracy you want to achieve.

I need a amplifier that can accept differential signal with a single ended output and drives resistive load.

Please help me

I need a amplifier that can accept differential signal with a single ended output and drives resistive load.

Please help me

Generic OpAmps are inherently diff in single ended out.

Your specs cover several thousand choices because you have not specified :

1) Slew rate
2) Bandwidth
3) Offset
4) Offset drift
5) Input bias current
6) Input bias current drift
7) CMRR
8) PSRR
9) Input CM Range
10) Output CM range
11).............................................................................................................

And many more specs.

Go to Digikey and using the selector tools narrow down your requirements
to see whats offered.

What is application it will be used for ?

Regards, Dana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back