Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Amplifier design using PD85004 LDMOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

adnan012

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am trying to design a broad band amplifier ( 300MHz-500MHz) using PD85004.
The required output power is less than 1 watt.
PD85004 ADS model is available.

How can i start the design using ADS? What are the appropriate steps? I want to follow the following Phillips Application Notes in designing the amplifier and matching networks.

"A wideband power amplifier (25 − 110 MHz) with the MOS transistor BLF245" and
"RF transmitting transistor and power amplifier fundamentals"

I have already simulated the demo board.
The problem i am facing is that in Philips application note "A wideband power amplifier (25 − 110 MHz) with the MOS transistor BLF245" the mos output is represented by the output capacitance with a resistor in parallel. They calculated the resistor value by using Rl=(v^2)/2*Pout. For my design it becomes
Rl= (13.6)^2/2*1=92.48 ohm . Next the output filter is designed by by using the rc combination. My question is that, how can i simulate it in ADS. How load resistance Rl is realized in ADS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back