Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ambient light sensor technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

lhlblue

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, i want to design an ambient light sensor with analog output, that is photodiode+current amplifier, and the spectrum is human sensed, from 400nm to 700nm. peak=520nm, so i want to satisfy the following:
1, color filter or anti-reflection coating for 400nm-700nm spectrum, such as CIS process
2, have native or low-vt transistor

i want to know, what technology or which foundry can satisfy the above two requirements?

thanks.

Hi,

there are photodiodes "Adapted to human eye sensitivity (Vl)" --> BPW21 for example.

i´d use an transimpedance amplifier. --> wikipedia

Klaus

hi, KlausST
i know what you said, but i need to design an ALS IC (photodiode + current amplifier) to provide a large output current, suc as, 100Lux illumination will output 100uA current, the similar type is Avago APDS-9005. so, i need the above metioned technology, and i need more ideas, thanks.

Led's produce voltage when exposed to light.

A yellow led is in the same range as human vision. I just tried an experiment. I find it can put out a few tenths of a volt in bright light. But very little current however, maybe 0.3 uA.

thanks all.
i just want to know which technology or foundry can provide human-sensed coating or color filter for ambient light sensor,and at the same time, can provide native or Low-Vt MOS transistors. and 0.35um process is preferred here.

can anyone give me some suggestions?
thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back