Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AM reception with LF Antenna 100 khz to 15 Mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masood_786

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,
I am new bee in RF electronics.
I have used MK484 for AM reception using loop stick antenna. I am interested in AM reception through Whip Antenna (followed by JFET buffer/Amplifier).
Interestingly Whip Antenna can be used for VLF LF and MW reception as mentioned in many websites around but unfortunately for me none worked and i just hear tick tick loud sound with Whip antenna. One of the circuits i tried is posted in web site Low Freq. Antennas Figure 7. It is claimed by author that it covers 1ookhz to 15 Mhz so AM should be there. Can any one tell me why i am getting this sound. is it Extra gain ( i don't think so) or any other issue. i am using bread board for circuit designing. Preamplifier i have used is attached.
If any one has used whip antenna in AM receiver front end then please provide details.
Thanks

Hello my friend
If you try to increase the Gain , and select an appropriate ferrite core as antenna coil , you will not need to antenna at your receiver .
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

The main issue of the circuit in fig.7 is that is wideband and is not using a tuned circuit at the input, as some of the other circuits.

Here is an example using an active ferrite rod antenna for VLF.
**broken link removed**

Reactions: mihum

mihum

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
As another possibility.... The tick tick sound could well be from some electrical intereference somewhere local to you.

That sound is commonly heard in rural areas of my and other western countries where farmer
use electric fences to keep cattle and sheep contained to an area of farm.
The ticking sound from the electric fences is also picked up my laneline telephones etc

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back