Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

am I getting wrong values for this inductor circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG1995

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

In the attached circuit the ammeter (assuming it can sense instantaneous values) would read maximum values (either positive or negative) when voltage curve on o-scope would be crossing the 0V axis (or, x-axis). Am I correct? Please let me know. For some reason I'm getting wrong values and wanted to be sure. Thank you.

Regards
PG

Attachments

• inductorCkt.jpg
    inductorCkt.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 109

yoiu need a resistance in series as well. Otherwise with an "ideal" voltage source, the inductor will have no affect...

Hi

Why wouldn't it have no effect? In an inductor current lags voltage by 90 degrees so when voltage supplied by the supply is maximum, the current through the inductor is minimum. Do I make sense?

Regards
PG

You are correct.... no need for resistor.
So how else are you co-relating your (fictitious) ammeter's readings with your scope then ? And why do you say your readings are 'wrong values' ? What ARE these values anway ?

Status
Not open for further replies.