Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium: updating components from the library?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

Hello,

I've noticed that the components in my PCB have silkscreen which is too big and takes up too much room....i want to edit the components, make the silkscreen more smaller, and then update the pcb with the new footprints...but how do i go about this?

Is it possible to just adjust the footprint in the library and then click a button called something like "swap the new footprint for the old one"?

In the footprint library. Find the footprint, do the edit and then right click the footprint in the library list and select "update pcb with [name of item here]" or something in that direction.

The pcb with the item needs to be open in altium if i remember correctly or at least part of the current workspacce.

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
In the footprint library. Find the footprint, do the edit and then right click the footprint in the library list and select "update pcb with [name of item here]" or something in that direction.

The pcb with the item needs to be open in altium if i remember correctly or at least part of the current workspacce.

Do as steinar96 said. If you use some footprint from Altium library, by default that library is added to your project in folder PCB Libraries Documents. You can open that library and edit footprints. But...I recommend you to make your own libarary of footprints which can be used for storage of modified footprints to avoid modification of original library.

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back