Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium top-middle-bottom vias in design rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

iker

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would like to create separate .RUL files for different drill/mill classes.

Some manufacturers have different constraints for external and internal layers. With clearances is quite easy to define a rule for every layer, but what about vias?

For example, I need a via style which minimums are 0,15mm drill size, 0,075mm annular ring on external layers and 0,125 on internal ones. I can do it in the PCB Editor, either with PCB Inspector or in via preferences, but, is there a way to do it by rules?

I've tried with advanced rules like "IsVia and OnMid" but it doesn't work.

Any idea?

Thanks!!

Iker.

The basic problem here is a very old issue in AD.
Multi-layer objects, such as a via, do not "exist" on the individual layers so you can't target a rule by layers for multi-layer objects.

Atlium dont have particular option , via should place for multi layers only. But if you want different sizes of vias in same board, just go through pcb-->design-->rules--> routing via style, here you can assign minimum, maximum and preffered via sizes. And change via sizes individually

Atlium dont have particular option , via should place for multi layers only. But if you want different sizes of vias in same board, just go through pcb-->design-->rules--> routing via style, here you can assign minimum, maximum and preffered via sizes. And change via sizes individually

Hello, I find this post really helpful.
The problem i'm facing these days is i need to know how to change via sizes during interactive routing with some keyboard shortcut as i have multiple sized via's on my board.Because every time i place a via, i have to edit it individually and select the desired diameter and hole size. Like we do with tracks during routing (by pressing 3 and choosing from minimum,preferred and maximum values of track widths already defined)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back