Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium Stitching vias error on a net

Status
Not open for further replies.

edaboardcomuser

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have 2 through hole terminal blocks connected by 2 165mil traces used to carry 15 Amps in total and each trace is directly above each other and named the same net name current_trace. Its not a power or gnd.
I'm trying to stitch vias 10milx14mil on these traces to hopefully keep each one the same electrical resistance as close to.

I get an error code "unable to locate any suitable locations on net".

I can't solve where my error is. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Altium 14.2.42

I assume you have identical traces running on top and bottom layer. In that case, what would be the advantage of stitching them together? Every intersection point between the two tracks can be regarded as a Wheatstone bridge: the potentials will be identical so no current will flow through any of the vias.

Stitching in Altium is predominantly meant to stitch polygons together, or to create shielding of RF tracks. I don't think there is a function to stitch top and bottom tracks together, but once its laid out you can easily use the via too to manually insert the desired vias.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back