Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium PCB Design Solder Mask Missing Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikash23

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I see the solder mask in my design is missing for most components.

For example I have the following component in my design (Image 1). When I enable top layer I can see the component and blue colour in ISO_RLY_BAT- is nothing but the net colour.

image 1.png

When I enable the top solder mask and paste mask I dont see the solder mask. I can see only the paste mask. I have also disabled paste mask layer only and enabled solder mask and still I can't see the solder mask for most of the components.

image 2.png

But when I checked for the same part in my library I can see the solder mask.

image 3.png

I have also tested by placing this component in a new Altium PCB board and I can see the solder mask. Which means something is wrong with my existing design. May be some settings?

Below is the image that shows the above component placed in another PCB board.
image 4.png

Below is the image that shows my current settings.

image 5.jpg

Any support is appreciated.

Check your SolderMaskExpansion Rules.

If it's at a component level:
Try deleting the component from the PCB and re-Updating the PCB from the schematic.
(Or try Right Click > Component Actions > Update PCB Components from PCB Libraries)

I also find swapping to 3D is an easier way to inspect suspected issues with the soldermask layer:
1677880653722.png

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Finally I fixed the issue by exporting the current design into Circuit studio and imported the design as circuit studio to Altium and it works OK.

Something was going on with my design rule set. Then using trail and error method I fixed it.

All good now;/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back