Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Altium: paste mask definition with via through pad

Status
Not open for further replies.

samson41879

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello people from snowy Zagreb, Croatia. This is my first post here. Great community - keep going...

I have some questions regarding custom footprint design in Altium Designer 10.

You will find below a picture of FAKRA high speed connector footprint. I made the picture in Top Paste layer just for you to see where are the pads which are on a top layer.

1. Solder paste has to be printed into vias as well as on the pads. How I define that in Altium Designer?

2. Can I put the pads on the copper fill or pads have to be extensions of the copper fill?

3. Do you have some other advices or you see that I am doing something wrong based on the recommended footprint from the datasheet (see above link)?

Thank you very much for your time!

Best Regards!

fakra-footprint.JPG

hi,

1)You can do this by enabling or selecting the particular layer say top paste and draw the required shape by placing primitives from 'place' .

2)yes

3)instead of placing via place PAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back