Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium: How to make all component designators invisible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grizedale

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

i dont have room on pcb for component designators, but still want some silk sceen markings...how do i remove component designators?.....they are on the silkscreen, but i cant just make silkscreen invisible as i still want silkscreen

you can hide individual designators in the properties panel of the component. just double click the component.
you can also select multiple designators and hide them in the PCB inspector.

Hello Grizedale,
Right click on one designator and select find similar objects,in that you make designator and text as same from drop down list and then OK.This runs the pcb inspector with all designator selected, from their you can hide it.

Go Design > Board Layers & Colors

Go to the Tab Show/Hide

In the field called Strings select the option hidden

That will hide them visably but they will still appear in your output files - ODB etc

If you want to keep them out of the output files use loosemoose's sugestion.

Also for multiple selections try the find similar objects then the pcb inspector if you wan't to do them all at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back