Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium Free Viewer not obtainable

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

Hello,
I just tried to sign in to Altium to download the free viewer....every time i try and sign in it tells me "wrong password", then when i hit the "forgot password" link it send me a link, which just doesnt work..does anyone know a different link to this free viewer?

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Not a good solution, using a proper viewer is what is required.

T

KiCAD comes with a fairly powerful gerber viewer/editor. It's FOSS and a small download volume, so there is no reason to not try it.

T

People, the Altium free viewer is so that the design files can be viewed - NOT the Gerbers. :)

T

People, the Altium free viewer is so that the design files can be viewed - NOT the Gerbers. :)

They got rid of Altium Free viewer as a program. They went to have a license, similar to having a sch and/or pcb license. They have a free license, good for one year, that allows you to use that license type and your version of Altium runs a free viewer.
Caveat - they keep changing licenses, and this info was good as of Oct/Nov of last year when we last updated at the company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back