Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium footprint status?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dewasiuk

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is there a way to make the components in the schematic sheet change to a different colour once a footprint has been added to that component? It would be very helpful for looking at schematics at a glance to see which components are missing footprints, etc.

I normally generate BOM, check the column with footprints and create the missing ones.

There is a footprint manager in Altium, where you can validate the path to the library and view the assigned footprint.
In there you can also re assign footprints for one or multiples or change libraries. The command is under >>Tools >> Footprint Manager.

I know about those, but I was wondering about my first question because it would be nice to see at glance without opening anything for quick checks.

You can select or highlight all parts with a query that do not have a footprint defined:

(ObjectKind = 'Part') And (CurrentFootprint = 'No footprint defined'). See if this is better for you.

All those suggestions are indeed helpful, but I'd still like to make Altium components change colour the way they do in NI Ultiboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back