Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

altium footprint manager - not committing changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

vixo

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I've been trying to use the footprint manager in altium to change a number of footprints at a time. To do this I go in to the manager, select all the components I want to change and add a new footprint by using browse to find the exact footprint in the library. I then validate it and press accept changes (create ECO), which brings up the engineering change order window , I execute the changes, compile the project, save, and then press import changes from schematic in the pcb window, which brings up the engineering change order window, except when I press execute changes it says footprint not found! Then when I go back in to the footprint manager it has forgotten all the details on which library the footprints are in! If I do this by clicking on the component I can change the footprint fine, but I don't want to have to do it for every single component as it would take too long.

anyone know why this is happening?

Add the footprint library (PcBLib) to your project and then select "Any" in the footprint selection dialog window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back