Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Altium footprint library screwed up, layers moved

Status
Not open for further replies.

wileur

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

All of a sudden my whole footprint library seems to be screwed up.

I just added a new component to my company's Altium footprint library. I then added the schematic symbol to go with it and inserted it into my project. Updated the PCB and everything looked just fine. I then added a few more parts to the schematic, hit update PCB and swithced the PCB. Now the last added parts have some layers wrong.For example the Mechanical 1 outline is way off relative to the pads. Strangely the designator in Top Layer didn't move but the outline in the same layer did.
I have opened the footprint library, clicked a few components at random, and they all show the same problem!
Has anyone experienced this before? Any solutions?

I've attached a couple of screenshots that show what I mean.

Attachments

• altium correct footprint.png
    altium correct footprint.png
    647 bytes · Views: 144
  • altium wrong footprint.png
    altium wrong footprint.png
    5.9 KB · Views: 135

Thanks, I did but it didn't help.

I think the reason was that I temporarily lost connection to the server hosting the library. Our IT admin solvled it with a backup copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back