Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Altium Flex does not bend in 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

cciarleg

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have a set of boards I wanted to try and do a flex between. The boards are 3.7" and the flex is 3.2" wide, 4 layers between them (rigid boards are arbitrarily set at 14 layers right now). Flex section is checked off as flex in layer stackup. I put a bending line in-but it won't change the affected shaded area or bend in 3d when I use the fold slider at all. What is going on with my bending line? (I've tried moving it around etc with no luck)

Thanks.

FLEXfail.png

Looks like rigid and flex areas are correctly assigned. Did you mark one of the 2 rigid parts as "Locked"? That is the equivalent of "grounding" in Inventor, and a requirement for bending since the flexible parts will be bent around this static part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back