Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium Designer Summer 2009 - Reverse Engineering PCBs

Status
Not open for further replies.

helex

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

I am using Altium Designer Summer 2009 for PCB Designing.

I am having a set of Gerber files and want to create a PCB Document file from this gerber data.

Can any one tell me any simple procedure to do this?

hehe
the whole idea behind gerber is that you cannot trace back the component name and pcb file
it is a manufacturing file containing nothing but captions (pictures) of the PCB layers . so you can view the gerber file , use it , duplicate it , but no modification or altering can be made , understand the point buddy ?? It is used to prevent u from reverse engineering and stealing somebody else's design , SO YOU CANNOT USE ALTIUM OR ANY SOFTWARE TO GET PCB FROM GERBER

HOPE that helps
bye

OK Noted. Thanks for your Valuable guidance

- - - Updated - - -

I got some notes from altium regarding reverse engineering a PCB. Please check following link for the same

http://techdocs.altium.com/display/ADOH/CAM+Editor+Reverse+Engineering+PCBs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back