Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium Designer setting design rule for distance between lines on mechanical layer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mack369

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I want to specify the minimum distance between lines on a mechanical layer. There is no problem to do that between signal layers but I couldn't find any rule for mechanical layers.

I need it because some components from my library have the outline on mechanical 15 layer and it would be handy to have a rule that doesn't allow to put them too close.

Have you specified the minimum components clearance in design rules and enabled online DRC check?

you can define clearance rule for the mechanical layers. open design rules then click clearance then click 'Layer' tick. Now you will see at the rigt region(full query) OnLayer().
ıf you write in the prantesis Mechanical 15 you can manage the clearance on the mechanical layers.

an example;
OnLayer('Mechanical 15')

regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back