Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium Designer: Route signal group to pin group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnG300c

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a need to route signals from an FPGA (Cyclone II) to an SDRAM (SDR). I would like Altium Designer 6.6 to automatically choose the pin assignments on the FPGA bank such that the best/shortest route can be achieved. How is this done? I assume i have to assign some kind of directive somewhere...

In other words, i just want the SDRAM to be hooked up the FPGA bank without caring about the specific order the signals are connected.

Thanks,
/John.

What you want to do is controlled through pin/part swapping. It is explained in the help document, "AP0138 Pin and Part Swapping with Dynamic Net Assignment.pdf", found in the "Help" sub-diretory of your installation.

There's also a training video available online at: https://videos.altium.com/trainingcenter/player.html?ep=1003

Thanks! The wealth of information and willingness to help in this forum is great!

/John.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back