Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium designer removes polygon pooring

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacklalo020

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi folks,
I have a problem when i try to generate gerber files with altium designer. I have a two layers board with polygon poors acting as nested powering regions. When i generate the cam file there is no problem, but as soon as i export the gerber files for my top and bottom layers, all my pooring is removed...??!!!
Do you have any suggestion how to resolve this problem???à
Thanks
jack

Why do you need to export the Gerber files. Altium will create the Gerber files directly,no need to export.

I am experiencing the same issue. I have a simple two-layer board that I need to send out for manufacturing. I am doing the following:

File>Fabrication Outputs>Gerber Files
- Select the layers (in this case top and bottom copper layers)

The cam document then appears but it only has the bottom layer pour with the bottom layer traces. The top layer pour and traces are gone except for the border which is in the top layer.

I then do the following:
File>Export>Gerber

It creates the two gerber files (Top and bottom) which I then open. The bottom layer has nothing and the top layer has a solid rectangle of copper.

I have not encountered any problems with this method for creating gerber files before, but then again, this is the first time I am using poly pours. In the past my boards have been just traces. Is there an issue with Altium's poly pours or is there something else that I should do to preserve the pours?

Any help will be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back