Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium designer : PADS can be soldered only in the Bottom layer (Non plated board)???

Status
Not open for further replies.

amibest

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have many components in my non plated board (I mean through holes are not linked between top and bottom layers), the problem is that the nets (pads) of this components can be soldered only in the bottom layer because of their bodies (on the top layer, their bodies hide their nets or pads)
In Altium designer, I want to use auto-route but how can I define a rule that consider this settings? I mean, How can I Define the layer where the solder pad of a component should appear?
Thank you for answering :)

You can do this by making bottom layer routable only.
I dont how to do this in Altium autorouter but there must be some option where you can make certain layers enabled for routing.

I understand, that you want to prohibit routing to selected top layer pads. I think, this can be done with most PCB tools by placing a lockout-area, either in the component definition or on the board. Altium designer has the option to define similar restrictions in the rules hierarchy. But it's a "mighty tool" and the required action is probably not obvious for a beginner. (The latter describes at least my personal relation to AD).

I''m also under the impression, the problem has been previously discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back