Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium designer cutout in component.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shenlung

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Good day. I'm finding this to be more difficult than I thought it would be. I would like to create a component that includes a cutout in the PCB. The component is for a twist lock style lamp holder like you see in the back of an car instrument panel. I have created the cutout region in solidworks and exported as a dxf. I can import the polygon on a pcb but cant seem to fill it as a polygon pour cutout. I'm using AD6.6 and don't have access to a newer version. I've added a pdf of the part.

Thanks

to create a cutout in PCB you would need to give the router dimension to fabricator.
I Altium you can provide the shape of the cutout in the drill drawing layer and neccessary drill details for that.
Consult your fabricator for all the details it would require.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back