Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium: Design Rule Check for silkscreen overlay on top of vias (untented)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpeskin

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I've noticed that Altium has a design rule "Silkscreen Over Component Pads" that will prevent you from placing silkscreen on top of an exposed copper pad. However, this rule doesn't seem to apply to exposed (untented) vias, as I don't get any DRC errors even if I put silkscreen right over an untented via.

I have tried in vain to add such a design rule, but nothing I try works. Does anyone have a solution?

Interestingly, it looks like this used to be a specific Design Rule in an earlier version of Altium:
**broken link removed**
(this is a rule to have a minimum distance from silkscreen to any solder mask openings)

But the latest version of the documentation now limits the rule to only apply to component pads:
**broken link removed**

In pcb design--> rules--> silk screen over component pads here you can set enble option then generate DRC errors. IF there any errors in pcb then it will be shown errors.

- - - Updated - - -

In pcb design--> rules--> silk screen over component pads here you can set enble option then generate DRC errors. IF there any errors in pcb then it will be shown errors.

Thanks for looking at the problem.

The silk screen over component pads rule works fine. That's not the problem. The problem is that this rule is not detecting silkscreen over vias.

Hi,

There is no such rule which shows the violation for via on silkscreen.

Anyhow Altium people's are working on this, may be in future we will find this rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back