Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium design - polygon pour problem with via

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildone_za

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I have recently moved from Protel 99SE to Altium Winter 09. I have an issue when doing a polygon pour over the top and bottom layers. It is a simple PCB and I am doing the board without a schematic - thus no net lists. I have created a manual net called GND and changed the necessary pads of components connect to NET - GND. So far so good - exactly the same as 99SE. I then do a polygon pour on the top and bottom connected to net GND - again works as expected. As the PCB has some RF, I stitch the top and bottom layers with vias, which then are on the GND net. If I have to re-pour either the top or the bottom polygon, the vias that were solidly connected to the polygon plane, now have themal relief. This did not happen in 99SE. I have tried Design -> Rules -> PolygonConnect to eliminate this, but then my SMD components do not have thermal relief.

I am sure there must be a simple way to prevent vias from having thermal relief, but I can't seem to find the solution.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

you need to set up a design rule for vias to connect directly to copper. It's under polygon connect style.

Thanks - I managed to create the rule and now all is well again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back