Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium - automatically setting multilayer via annular ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

klipper76

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Tried searching didn't find anything about this specifically.

I want to remove the annular rings on my vias for the layers which they don't have connections on.
I know how to do this with the gerbers, but that causes problems with my polygons.

Underneath my BGA (0.65mm) the vias are close enough together that without removing the annular rings on the internal layers that don't have an connection the polygon can't connect between vias - like this.

I can do this manually by physically selecting the vias which don't have a connection on the internal layer in question and setting them to have 0 pad size on that layer.

Is there a more automatic way to do this?

Thanks

B

You can use find similar to select them all at once and then change them with PCB inspector or set up a via style - of cource this dosn't help if you have already placed them all.

Is the gerber feature you are talking about remove un-used pads from internal layers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back