Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ALTIUM: Assign ports/netlabels automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCB Designers

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am using Altium Designer Summer 09. I am working with high pin count components (more than 2000 Pins for a single component).

Usually, I get an excel file with netlables and pin-designators in separate columns. Now I want to assign these netlables/port to component pins automatically (by means of importing ECO or something likes this)

Reference:
In PCAD, we had used ECO Import with "ADD NETNAME...." syntax with component designator, pin designator and netlabel, in result of which all ports/netlabels are assigned automaticall to the components within seconds.

Looking forward for any type of solution for this matter.

Regards,

Maqbool

Hi,

you can use smart grid insert option available in altium designer.

Hi Dear,

What I found is that smart grid paste option is for PCB LIB component and is used to add "PIN NAMES". My question is about netlables/ports in schematic document.

If I am unable to understand your answer, kindly explain in a bit detail.

Looking forward.

Thank you.

Hi,

you can use smart grid insert option available in altium designer.

Hi,

As per your first post what i thought is you have pin designator in excel format and you are trying create schematic symbol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back