Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium and old Protel 99SE similarities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eugen_E

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
protel 99se

Hello,

At job I have access to Protel 99SE, but never used it before, I used OrCAD in the past.
I want to ask if learning the "old" Protel 99SE will be somehow helpful for using Altium at a basic level sometime in the future, or Altium is totally different? Learning Protel is usefull now, or Altium is much more advanced and special training is required?

Thanks

protel 99

in the end they are all tools.
I have used protel and ORCAD the concept is the same you need to see which suits you.
If you need to go from ORCAD to protel or Altium I advise you to go to Altium after all it is a revised version
check this for moving from protel to altium

**broken link removed**

Eugen_E

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
protel 99 and altium

Thanks

I will study briefly Protel. So far I only have Protel at work.
I was interested about similarity because these days everyone talks about Altium, and I may need to use it in the future.

learn altium

Hi Eugen,
My suggestion is, if you are learning, better you learn Altium.It be helpful in future and also the tool has so many updated futures.

All the best..!!

protel 99 se

Hi Eugen,

I would say that you learn Protel as it is only going to be a value addition in your profile.
As far as Altium is concerned it is merger of Protel and PCAD so learning protel will only make it easier for you to work on Altium in future.

Regards,
Ricky

Eugen_E

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
fine. is there any study centre for protel & Altium? where to download these tools to learn deeply.

This forum is the best study center.you ask your quieries clearly and get clarify by many professional ECAD designers :-|

ok. nw i m working with orcad 9.1. i know orcad16.1. it is easy to learn protel & altium?

ok. nw i m working with orcad 9.1. i know orcad16.1. it is easy to learn protel & altium?

please send the your doubts to this mail ID : chakravarthy80@gmail.com

I will help you.In office we should not access this site.so send to my personal email id.

I will try to help you.

All the best.
chakravarthy,
chennai.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back