Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudyard

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey All,

I have moved over to Altium after 15 Years of using Number One Systems Easy PCB on which I have become an expert and created some great boards. But this year have decided to take the plunge and upgrade to Altium for all new designs as it offers greater industry compatibility.

So I have a few questions relating to setup / creating projects.

Lets say I have a design I have been given and I am happy with and it contains everything I need to release (Schematic, PCB, BOM, Fab Drawings, Borders, layouts etc... if I now want to create a totally new design but want to keep this project structure (project settings, Borders, Rules, Gerber & Bom output settings, fab layout info etc...) how can I do this without recreating everything? Can I save a project as a template which would enable me to then create new project from template and I get a blank version of the above?

Thanks

Gerber and BOM settings are defined in "output job" files.

To setup default templates go to Tools/Preferences/Data Management/Templates

For "Fab layout info" I presume you want some boilerplate text? You could create a template that has that embedded in it. Personally, I just cut-and-paste from other projects since there's always SOME differences.

To edit design rules go to, SURPRISE!, Design/Rules. To create default rules, ANOTHER SURPRISE! click Create Default Rules. You can also import or export rules to a file by right-clicking on the Design Rules folder in the top left corner and right clicking.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back