Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium 3D View is Not working in the System

Status
Not open for further replies.

nagaraju.raju

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have problem with viewing the 3d View of the Board, the Same file other system can view the 3d View of the PCB, Even i enabled the "Show Simple 3D Bodies" please find attached board difference, could you please let me know how to resolve this.

Attachments

• 3D_Board_View.png
    3D_Board_View.png
    47.8 KB · Views: 138
  • Board_View.png
    Board_View.png
    52.5 KB · Views: 155

May be the 3D view at individual component level is not defined !!! I mean like you define footprint you could possibly define 3D model

Do you have graphics card & all the necessary software's for 3D view?
Is it happening only for this PCB...?
Can you get 3D view for Altium example PCB'S?

Can You rotate PCB in 3D wiev?
Do You have component library with defined 3D bodies?

Thank you so much for your response, the same Board is working in other system, i think i don't have graphics card, is there any alternative method viewing the 3D View.

Hi,

Iam using Aspire 4720Z laptop, i think built in Graphics card will in the Lap, could you please help me how to resolve this problem.

Hi,
Is that throwing any error, if so please share what error it is showing

Your screen shots only show 2D views; use the keyboard shortcuts "2" and "3" to move between 2D and 3D modes. At the very least, the board itself will be in 3D. If your graphics processor supports DirectX, it should work.

As for 3D bodies, make sure they're present and visible per the suggestion above. Also, their visibility can be controlled at the individual component level by using the PCB panel. The first entry in that panel's top drop-down is 3D Models; if you click on "All Components" in the Class section just below that, you can see a list of the bodies in the design. Make sure their opacity is >0% (no red "X" over the blue icons to the right of the body names, if they're present).

By the way, the difference in those two 2D screenshots appears to be polygon visibility. Click
CTRL+D for Show/Hide and set Polygons to "Final".

Mike

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back