Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altitude Sensor Vs. IMU complementary filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarimPain

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!
i'll go immediatly on my problem....i've an arm that can rotate around a fixed point, my object is to calculate the distance from the front of the arm to the ground,
the first thing that came in my mind is to put on it an inclinometer to calculate the angle and so the distance using trigonemtry function on my microcontroller, but since my arm is under high vibration my distance is wrong. therefor i put a low pass filter on the inclinometer but the results are to slow .
Now i'm thinking to ways(HOPE U CAN HELP):
1- combine two sensor gyro and accelerometer and implement a complentary filter to eliminate the vibration.
2-try to find a sensor like barometer to estimate the altitude from it ,but here i don't have any idea about how it works since i've never work on this type of sensor. can the barometer discover the changes in mm???
Thax 4 reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.