Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Alternate to Atmel AVR Studio

Status
Not open for further replies.

garvind25

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I needed an assembly language IDE tool for Atmega8 uC to simulate assembly language code and see status of flags. I downloaded AVR Studio 7. But it is very bulky; even in idle state it is consuming 600-700 MB of RAM. Can anyone suggest an alternate lite tool. I tried Proteus but it does not seem to have a code simulator.

Thanks,
Arvind Gupta

Proteus is a simulator. You can load .cof file to it and debug the application. The Watch window will show the values of registers added. Oshonsoft Simulators are another tool.

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I have only used the PIC version but I believe the two are very similar:

**broken link removed**

The PIC version is excellent and works in Linux under Wine as well. It has one of the best simulation tools I've ever seen.

Brian.

Well ... just to be clear , I was looking for Proteus tutorial as to how to simulate an assembly code for AVR. Anyways thanks @ betwixt

download avrstudio4. It is not bulky and works very well. I use it all the time.

download avrstudio4. It is not bulky and works very well. I use it all the time.

I know that avr studio 4 is not being updated. What do you do about the new cpu's.

Well you referenced atmega8. AVRStudio4 supports atmega8 and many more devices. I am not currently using any device that AVRStudio does not support.

If I do in the future there are ways around that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back