Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Alrium vs Xilinx ' .. xilinx ISE not supported'

Status
Not open for further replies.

ficko

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Alrium vs Xilinx

Hi!
I'm trying to program CPLD in Altium. It's recognise my CPLD thruout JTAG. But it writes a message ' .. xilinx ISE not supported'

What is the problem?

Is here anybody?
Help me please?
Thanks!
Ficko

Alrium vs Xilinx

why not use ISE directly?

ficko

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: Alrium vs Xilinx

leonqin said:
Hi Leongin.
Thats, becouse I like Altium and use it for schematic and PCB planning. Its very convinient for me. They are translating VHDL files more and more quick than Xilinx.

But one the problem. Vhen Altium connecting to my board (XC2-XL),recognise it write : The Xilinx ISE support not found.
Can you help me?

Great thanks!

Sorry for my poor English.

Regards!
Ficko

leonqin said:

because it's a BIG piece of s***t!
1. You have to download a windows+linux package. Why do i need to download linux files when I use only windows?!:?:
2. It's installing libraries for all known FPGA's, ever develloped by Xilinx.
3. It's based on xxx.xxx small files , more than in 10 operating sistems!!! It's an overkill for the antivirus.
4. To install latest version 11.1 you need 7G free on HDD, and to install update to the latest 11.3 version you need 10G more. It's huge, for the 50 files that you actually use for develloping with a specific FPGA.
5. I've deleted about 3.5G (except backup files) from it's installation folder, and it's still fully functional to my needs.
6. It won't work if you have an antivirus active. it won't compile project, saying some stupid "no write rights on xxx folder"
7. it's crash more often than windows 98.

Yes!....And often the core generator won't work saying the java has encountered an error closing everything. Big headache....Could you tell me the files that can be safely deleted?. I'm using Virtex 4 and spartan 3 only. Thanks

xtcx said:
Yes!....And often the core generator won't work saying the java has encountered an error closing everything. Big headache....Could you tell me the files that can be safely deleted?. I'm using Virtex 4 and spartan 3 only. Thanks
I've sent you a pm.

eSilviu said:
xtcx said:
I've sent you a pm.

Is here anybody who can help me? Why Altium is write XILINX ISE COULD NOT BE FOUND?

Thanks

Which Version of Altium u use??? Altium Designer Winter 09 doesnt support ISE 11 version. You might have to upgrade it to summer 09.

all the best

what are the different compiles?
Document compile, recompile, compile project, VHDL compile?
WHO are clear with this?
Plesase disclime us!
REgards!
Ficko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back