Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

allen bradley SLC 5/05 RSLINX VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrabMan

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
allen bradley slc 5/05

Hi,
We have to connect to a remote site through VPN(pptp), we have set up a VPN server on windows xp by allowing incoming connections and opening ports 2222,44818,1723. the network topology is: SLC 5/05 and parker PS10 powerstation and VPN server are connected to a DLINK ethernet switch, and the switch is connected to an ADSL modem. the PC(vpn server) can see the slc 5/05 processor in the rslinx and can program and monitor both offline and online, however when i try to connect from somwhere else, i successfully connect to the vpn server and then i can ping the plc and all other IP's on the network of remote site using local IP's (192.168.*.*) but i cant program the plc remotely.

P.S.
1) when we open rslinx on the site (from vpn server), we see a PLC connected in the RSwho window and the description says SLC5/05 processor but when we remotely connect the description in RSWho says RSLinx API server/ not a slc 5/05 controller and the picture is not that of a plc it is something like a PC connected to plc
2)VPN server has been assigned a static IP given by ISP and a local IP 192.168.*.* to enable routing + it has only 1 network interface card
3) the plc's gateway address is 0.0.0.0 and when i try to give it the ip of vpn server it stops communicating with it too.

Kindly advice on this issue, any input will be appreciated.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.