Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Allegro vs. PowerPCB501 vs. LayoutPlus

Status
Not open for further replies.

tichy

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
layout vs allegro

Having used LayoutPlus for some time(no good), and now PowerPcb(good, but integration with Orcad only via PCBNavigator), should I try Allegro? Is it worth the effort? :?:

allegro vs powerpcb

That is only tool to design PCB.

My friend has used ORCAD layout plus.

But I use PowerPCB and PowerLogic.

Who is better ?!. Anything is OK.

But normally Schematic is Orcad, PCB is Power PCB, as far as I know.

Now you aleady took good choice.

I think it is a good ideal that combine Powerlogic with PowerPCB.

Allegro is very strong and complex for trainer.
PowerSuit is convenience and flexible for trainer.

Allegro is the powerful tool for high speed design, as it got effective constraint manager, Specctra Quest for SI & Specctra router

I think that Cadence is likely to drop the [OrCAD]Layout product in some future and replace it with what they call the "PCB Editor" which is a "lite" (?) version of Allegro since they are promoting this package in their marketing. They are also adding signal integrity functionality to the deal.

IMHO this is a smart move, since the customers will get used to Allegro from the first time they see Cadence products. Then they are more likely to step up using more featured version as they develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back