Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Allegro unveils programmable linear Hall-effect sensor ICs HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter_as

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,
I am an electrical engineering student in Qatar University and currently I am working on this project, where I need to use hall-effect sensor with high sensitivity, the best I found was Allegro programmable sensor A1362. I am trying to programmer it , I read the whole programming guide but I am still not sure how to do it, especially the part about how to put the sequence which is necessary to put the ICs on the programming mode I though about using MatLab code where I can generate the need it pulses and I wrote this code :
n_pulses = 8;
time = 1:140 * n_pulses);
pulse = ones (1, 40);
first_pulse = (5.5 * pulse);
second_pulse = (14 * pulse);
third_pulse = (26 * pulse);
total = zeros (size (time));

total (41:80) = first_pulse;
total (81:120) = third_pulse;
total (121:160) = first_pulse;
total (161:200) = second_pulse;
total (201:240) = first_pulse;
total (241:280) = third_pulse;
total (281:320) = first_pulse;
figure;
plot (time, total);
title ('Pulses');
xlabel ('Times (sec)');
ylabel ('Amplitude');

The plotting part just to be sure it look like the way I need it .
now I want to know how to apply it on the IC in order to put it in programming mode than start giving it the sequence need it in order to get the highest sensitivity from it any one have any experience or idea how to do it .I would really appreciate… any help .
Thanks in advance

D.A.(Tony)Stewart

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
You must know how to make precise 4 level pulses with clock and data to program using the chips output port as an input.
although Allegro highly recommends using the Allegro Sensor IC Evaluation Kit, available on the Allegro Web site On-line Store.

The simplest DAC uses 2 output gates as a Binary DAC with R-2R resistor ratios to choose 1 of 4 equal voltage steps from 2 binary inputs. and program the Zone address pattern followed by data. See Figure 1 of data sheet. https://goo.gl/6O4mO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor