Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Allegro- name assignment to pins..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince Moses

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi mates...

I am using allegro PCB editor, 16.2 version, where i placed one footprint of one IC, which was designed by my senior. After placing that footprint, some of the pins are having names already. I want to assign names to some other pins also. So, How can i assign name???

Thank u so much..

Regards,
Prince Moses

ya.. yes... or.

Is there any way to give name to pins of the already placed footprint???

go to pad designer and open that file..there you can edit it.might be your previous footprint not created properly.which tool you use to creat footprint..?

regards
Praveen Bhat

yes yo can give name go to edit and select Package Geometry and select the which ever layer you want..be careful while selecting the layer..
Regards
Praveen Bhat

hi mate...
there is no option like package geomentry in edit tab.... can u plz give me yr contact frnd??? i am also in bangalore...

hi,

Open that .dra file.Then go to tools->padstack->Modify padstack,right click on it.Edit option comes. then save as by giving proper name.Then again go to tools->Padstack->replace here you select old padstack and below select newpadstack.Then give pin no which you want to replace

Hi prastesh..

Thank u for yr immediate reply... I also want to know that how to change the name of the individual pin values of particular dra file.. While i placing cursor on pins in Allegro PCB editor, it s showing its name.. Some of the pins showing that as dummy net. So, i want to add name to these pins also.. How can i do sir??

Thank u so much..
Regards,
Prince

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back