Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Allegro library symbol revision control

Status
Not open for further replies.

msmulski

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to update library library symbols in allegro

I am trying to organize my footprint collection into a revision controlled library. I would like to be able to find out whether a symbol (dra, pad, etc) extracted from brd file matches my symbol in my library. The problem is that Allegro extract routine creates different symbols from the original ones that were used to import into brd. Hence, simple 'compare size and timestamp' does not work.

I don't care right now what the changes are. I just need to know if the symbols are the same or not. I know that I can visually compare two symbols. I would like to improve on this technique...

I have a couple of ideas:
1. If I can get file format of the symbols, I could write simple C code to diff only the relevant sections of the extracted symbol vs library symbol
2. If I use SKILL interface then I can implement idea from (1) inside Allegro but I need to get SKILL license.

In either case, this looks like a bit of project. I am sure somebody had to run into this problem before. Any help very appreciated.
--Michal

pcb revision control

As you said "organize". There are many parts for PCB layout to control in Library. If it standard you can use the name like 0402, 0603, caseA, caseB, So8NB, So8WB........ For nonstandard part you can use Manufacture part# is the best. Hope these ideas can help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back