Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Allegro Issue. Moving a trace from one layer to another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Corcoran

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am having difficulty moving traces in allegro. I click change, then make sure CLines are selected in find, then go to options and select the layer, but the command box tells me that the object already has those properties and it won't move the lines to the other layer. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Dave.

You need to check the option [x] line width. Simply selecting another layer in the scrollbox and then [OK] will not work. If for instance the line width already is say 20 mills and the line width box is checked you will get the message above.

Re: Allegro Issue. Moving a trace from one layer to another

I don't know why I couldn't change layers for the traces on that board. Still can't, but am working with another board now and the traces change layers just fine. Must be some constraint on that board that I don't know how to change or identify yet. Thanks for the suggestion though.

During the time I used Cadence products I noticed several strange things like the one you described above. Especially error messages that pointed in the wrong direction when a database got corrupted. A frequent "DBDoctor" and a check of all shapes was required over and over again....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back