Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Allegro import problem in CAM350

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhi002

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
allegro cam350

Hi Friends,

I am using CAM350 V 9.1.2 for gerber viewing.i am facing following problem when i import gerber files from Cadence Allegro16

1- during import Cam350 split the design files into no.of files,so every time i have to composite all layers

2- with Allegro it is clearing allDRCs at 5 mils but in Cam350 it is showing errors and around at 4.4 mils it is clearing DRCs..i am not sure where is the problem?Is it with CAM350 or ALLegro..
my worry is bacause CAM tool is the final one where files will be checked.

Any one faced this problem or any workaround

Regards
Abhi

allegro import

It has to do with the way you are creating your Artwork and data base and gerbers precision.

M

cam 350

1. You can change your Gerber plotter setup.
select the option "convert composite to single layer"

2. Select "360 Degrees", and "ignore arcs with the same......"

hyoree

abhi002

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hyoree said:
1. You can change your Gerber plotter setup.
select the option "convert composite to single layer"

2. Select "360 Degrees", and "ignore arcs with the same......"

hyoree

Hi,

Can you plz explain where to set this options??i am not able to find out on Allegro tool

Regards
Abhi

not allegro, you can change these options in cam350

cam350/file/setup/photoplotter/rs274x&rs274/

hyoree

hi Hyoree,

my first problem solved but still i am struggling with the second problem.

""2- with Allegro it is clearing allDRCs at 5 mils but in Cam350 it is showing errors and around at 4.4 mils it is clearing DRCs..""

Could you plz help me on this issue?

Regards
abhi

When you generate your Gerbers, what accuracy are you setting (2.3, 2.4, 2.5, etc)? You need to remember that those settings are in inches or mm, and specify the number of decimal places before and after the decimal point.

Since you're working in mils, and you're worrying about 0.5mil accuracy, you would need at least 2.4 or perhaps even 2.5. 5mils is 00.005in in 2.3 notation. Roundoff error could make that third decimal place vary +/- 1mil. 00.0050in (2.4 notation) would give you 0.5mil accuracy.

can you upload you gerber files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back