Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Allegro Footprint Libraries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regnum

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
allegro footprint

Hi,

Allegro Footprint libraries that come with Cadence packages are so limited

Where can I get a complete set of footprint libraries for Allegro?

Thanks,
Regnum

allegro footprint files

Do have such a place?
If does, give me a copy.

view allegro footprints libraries

When you install allegro you get some builtin libraries.
I have seen only pay sites where you can pay & download.
For some components, you need to create in your own. It's simple to create, follow following steps.

1> create padstack, if you required. You need to define,parameters like (antipad, drill size, plated/nonplated, thermals, soldermask etc).
2> create component using Wizard. For irregular component like relay or connectors, you have to use manual.
3> For connector that has clip opening, draw placebound top larger, this is important for placement of components.

Good luck.

allegro psm file

try my little tools FPM, it will give you over 2000 symbols in one shot! :)

Not directly, but you can create them by first creating a dummy layout by placing as many footprints as you have patience to do on an empty board. Save as a .MAX file. Then download the OrCAD Layout to Allegro Layout conversion tool. (Should be somewhere on Cadence site). Run the conversion. Then open the .BRD layout file in Allegro and dump all footprints to a folder of your choise.

you can find ALLEGRO pcb board file (.brd) from internet . Then you can extract this using libraries via file-->export-->libraries. So, you will have all necessary files .dra, .pad, ,psm file.

Added after 6 minutes:

another way of doing allegro libraries:

from protel:

firstly, you create a free layout page. then place all necessary footprints from protel libraries. or you can use a finished protel layout file.
then, save as .pcb binary files. then using orcad layout , import this file and finally use
orcad layout to allegro conversion program and export libraries in allegro.

richardLC said:
try my little tools FPM, it will give you over 2000 symbols in one shot! :)

Very good!THKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back