Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

allegro brd file and orcad capture interlink

Status
Not open for further replies.

samym

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

i am using allegro 16.5 .please tell me how to interlink orcad schematic and allegro brd

Hi,
I am not understanding what you mean by interlink, Steps involved are; create schematics-->assign footprint for each component in the schematics-->check for DRC error if any-->create netlist for your schematics-->choose the option 1)open the allegro after netlist creation 2) do not open the allegro after creation of netlist--> if select first option, the allegro ll automatically open once your netlist created irrespective of the warning or error--> if you select second option the allegro will not open after your netlist creation irrespective of the warning or error.--> once the successful creation of the netlist in allegro go to file--> import--> choose logic from the list-->pop up will come there select the from design entry CIS (capture)--> browse for the netlist that you created before--> click on import, then all your components are ready place into your board. -->go to place menu and select the place manually and you can place the components where ever you want.

Thats it.

Regards,
Patil

hi,

i have opened both schematic and brd file ,if i am selcting some parts in schematics means automatically these parts should be higilited or selected in allegro brd file (cross probing)

We must enable Intertool communication from miscellaneous Tab From Options>Preferences Menu
intertool.JPG

hi,

thanks for your help,its working now

I have the same problem, have you found a solution to enable interlink ?

I have the same problem, have you found a solution to enable interlink ?

Some times you need to save your schematic and then re-export the netlist to your board in order for the intertool communication to work, I have never been able to figure out a pattern for this issue on my machine but it just comes and goes and I even sometimes have to restart my machine.

but for most cases, i just need to re-export the netlist to the board file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back