Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Allegro- assigning name to pins of footprint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince Moses

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I also want to know that how to change the name of the individual pin values of particular (foot print) dra file.. While i placing cursor on pins of any foot print of IC in Allegro PCB editor, it s showing its name.. Some of the pins showing that as dummy net. So, i want to add name to these dummy pins also.. how can i add?? thank u so much.

Regards,

Prince.

sir.. i selected that particular pad in the allegro pcb editor.. then i clicked text edit.. but i couldnt see any option here... can u please say me clearly..??

Thank u so much..

Prince Moses

Hi Prince,

For changing only name you can use edit->text,make sure that class package geometry subclass pin number should be enabled,just click on pins,then you can edit.If we removed this text it becomes mechanical pin.If u want to convert it to connected pin again place connected pins.I think dummy pins are these mechanical ones.If u want to name,just replace it with same connection pin using place pin selecting connection pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back