Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

allegro and orcad compare?

Status
Not open for further replies.

7rots51

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
Please compare allegro and orcad sch,pcb design ,which have more features ,which of them is easier to work with it.(and is user friendly)
and at future which of them have more improvments and works with sppectra at a simple way.

Regards

OrCAD is two tools

Capture ==> schematic design
Layout ==> PCB Layout

whereas Allegro is just PCB layout

Allegro is costly , has more features , layout is the other way round.

Orcad Layout is a good tool for PCB beginner,Allegro is an high end PCB tool.

Hi,

i agree with the other posts. Cadences has two design flows:
1. "Low Level": Orcad Layout, Capture, Specctra
2. "High End": Allegro, ConceptHDL (Schematic entry for PCB and HDL), Specctra

Currently I'm using the Orcad Tools. I tried to learn the "high end" flow, but it is not so easy. In the new releases of PSD (i think it is 15.2), there are good tutorial for allegro and conceptHDL included. So try it.

Greetings,
hqqh

Do note that OrCAD Capture can output netlists in Allegro format. Cadence sells a version consisting of (OrCAD) Capture + Allegro Layout.

ConceptHDL and ORCAD Capture are two native sch tool for allegro,butyou have to pay more attention when use Capture with
Allegro,it is not "native" as conceptHDL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back