Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pcb env file

I use Allegr0 14.2 under winxp pro.
LocalEnv file is in c:\documents and settings\%profile%\pcbenv directory,
so, when I change Environment Variables from allegro User Preferences editor, changes don't saves in localenv file at all, but if I Change it manually, allegr0, reads all changed variables from this file.
I think the reson is in spaces in path to env file. So I want to change LOCALENV (or/and ENVPATH) variables 2 point 2 another location. In Global ENV file (D:\CADENCE\share\pcb/text/env) I add this variables, but when I start again Allegro Varible ENVPATH still has value "C:\Documents and Settings\%USERPROFILE%\pcbenv D:\CADENCE\share\pcb/text".
QUESTION: Where from allegr0 takes this path (docs&settings) ??
How can I change ENV file location

p.s. After changing localenv location, Preferences editor saves settings to it, but when I start Allegro again it's still try to read settings from Docs&settings...

HELP plz.
[sorry for bad english]

default pcbenv location

Cadence use "home" env setting to seach the path of "pcbenv".The default setting of "home" in 2000/xp is "c:\documents and settings\%profile%\",so you need change the setting to such as "Home=C:\",then cadence will use "c:\pcbenv" to save your setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…