Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronic Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

All digital delta-sigma modulator for fractional-n pll

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwooks21

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!
I'm designing a digital delta-sigma modulator for fractional-n PLL.
Designing MASH is straghtforward, but sigle-loop is very difficult to me. Regarding single-loop, I found that a digital code conversion logic is required in the feedback path. Also, I found a paper which includes detail logic descriptions, but I couldn't understand that clearly.

And, I want to design single-loop with multi-bit quantizer. In this case, how can I code the feedback digital wards? For example, I tried to do digital logic level simulation of Ph.D Rhee's single-loop DSM in Matlab Simulink. But I have failed. Show me the way please...

Paper titles are...
1. Reduced complexity 1-bit high-order digital deltasigma modulator for low-voltage fractional-N frequency synthesis applications

2. W. Rhee, A. Ali, and B. Song, "A 1.1GHz CMOS fractional-N frequency synthesizer with a 3b 3rd-order delta-sigma modulator," ISSCC'00, pp. 198--199.

- You can easily find the 2nd paper. But for the 1st one, you need to use ieee ixplore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor