Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Align components (symbol) Cadence Allegro 16.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

def_rain

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello comrades.
Recently I started to learn Cadence Allegro 16.6 hotfix 59.
I have a question to which I do not find the answer. I am hope for your help!

I tracer his first in the PCB Allefro PCB Designer (was Performance L).
When the alignment of the components (symbols) found some inconveniences.

Assume the following situation:
I need to place two identical components (symbols) under each other.
However, they have to be close to each other or with a minimum gap between them silkscreen outline (as in the photo - the block №2 (yellow circle)).

I do the following:
1. First, I align the components relative to one another in the X command "Align components".
2. Next, I shall place the lower component against the upper component. But, as the components are already aligned to the X, I have to change only the coordinate Y (as in the photo - the block №2 (yellow circle)).
Here I am having difficulties ...

If I use the tool "Move" and move the components of a computer mouse, it will surely change the coordinate X, and it is unacceptable (conciliation, it is difficult to move the mouse vertically exactly).
... Or I can use the "Pick" ... but in this case, I need to calculate the Y coordinate so that the two components were close. This loan a lot of time.

What is the best and easier to move the component by changing only the coordinate Y, so it does not change the coordinate pre-exposed X? Maybe there is a tool on the similarity of "parallel movement"?

Suppose in LAYOUT 10.5 can align the components of the X, and then move the Y using the arrow up / down keys on a computer keyboard.
I am wondering whether there is anything like that in the Allegro?

I would be grateful for your help.
Thank you.

Thanks to all. I understand. Topic can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back