Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Alexender Phase Detector in CDR??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmad_abdulghany

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
Please, can anyone explain how does the Bang Bang Alexender PD work?
How does it get lock?
i need brief explaination, as i tried to see it in Razavi Optical communications book, but it's bit difficult,

Thanks in advance,
Ahmad,

it is a bang bang , i.e. it oscillates around the steady state position , it gives some early and some late , till it reach a steady state where it osc. bet. early and late.
the idea is that F1,F3 and F2 samples the data by the c/k at +ve , -ve and +ve c/k edges respectively"F4 is just to sync. the results at the xor i/p".
when sample1 == sample2 != sample3 then the clock early
when sample2 == sample3 != sample1 then the clock late
when sample1 == sample2 == sample3 then no transition and hence x==y >>Icp=0

p.s. there is a condition called metastability but we didnt take it , so just consider it bang bang.
the metastability happens when s2 is sampled at the data edge >> low o/p >> both X,Y>>low and there is no pumping of current>> holds its position

yep , i usually work it with x,y but i understoond it now,thnx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back